Sweet and cold2 MERIDIANS
Kidney, liver and lung3 FUNCTIONS
- To promote water metabolism and relieve abnormal urination;
- To stop Diarrhea;
- To clear heat in the liver and brighten eyes;
- To clear the lung and resolve phlegm
- Damp-heat flowing into the urinary bladder manifested as dysuria, painful urination, frequent urination and distending and full sensation in the lower abdominal region. Plantain seed (Che Qian Zi) is used with Clematis stem (Mu Tong), Capejasmine (Zhi Zi) and Talc (Hua Shi) in the formula Bazheng San.
- Damp-heat diarrhea. Plantain seed (Cheqianzi) is with Poria (Fu Ling), While atractylodes (Long Dan Cao) and Scutellaria root (Huang Qin).
- Heat in the liver manifested as red, painful and swollen eyes. Plantain seed (Cheqianzi) is used with Chrysanthemum flower (Ju Hua), Chinese gentian (Longdancao) and Scutellaria root (Huangqin).
- Deficiency of yin in the liver and kidney manifested is blurred vision and cataracts. Plantain seed (CHeqianzi) is used with Fresh rehmannia root (Sheng Di Huang), Ophiopogon root (Maidong) and Wolfberry fruit (Gou Qi Zi).
- Cough with profuse sputum due to heat in the lungs. Plantain seed (Cheqianzi) is used with Trichosanthes fruit (Gua Lou), Scutellaria root (Huangqin) and Tendrilled fritillary bulb (Chuan Bei Mu).
5-10 g6 COUTIONS
This herb should be wrapped in cloth for decoctions if a strainer is not used.